I can’t believe I finally turned 29 and I am entering the last year of my 20s. I don’t know where the last 29 years have gone tbh, but they have been pretty great so far and I’m so excited about what’s in store for me in the future. I wanted to take some time to reflect on 29 things that I have learned in the past 29 years…
1. Self-love and self-care are the two most important things you can possibly do. Take care of yourselves and love yourselves first. It’s the only way you will achieve success in life.
2. Never be afraid to ask for help for anything.
3. There are no excuses when it comes to having good mental health.
4. Friendships do not have to last forever. People grow apart and that is okay.
5. No loss is ever to great to stop you from pushing forward.
6. Learn to compartmentalize people in your life. Figure out what part of your life someone is there to build up and put people into different categories based on their roles in your life and act accordingly.
7. Family doesn’t always mean blood and blood doesn’t always mean family. Figure out who your true family is.
8. Never let a partner or another person break you down or ruin your sense of self.
8. Leave toxic situations and do not return to them.
9. People show you their true colors often, don’t ignore what is being shown to you.
10. As silly as it sounds, actions will always speak louder than words. Take words with a grain of salt.
11. If they wanted to, they would. Simple as that.
12. Never chase another person.
13. Wear whatever the fuck you want to wear. Do your hair and makeup however you want to do it.
14. Never compare yourself to anyone other than previous versions of you.
15. Be a good friend and show up for other people.
16. Learn to control your emotions in all settings.
17. Learn your limits with substances and do not ever exceed your limits.
18. Travel as much as you can and do not turn down new experiences.
19. Be bold. Approach new people. Make new friends. ￼
20. Be smart with money and pay your bills.
21. Invest in your future in any way possible.
22. Give back to your community and to the people that have helped you in life. ￼￼
23. Don’t gossip.
24. Be confident. Make everyone’s eyes look at you when you enter a room.
25. Let shit go.
26. Strive to achieve a higher version of yourself every day.
27. Find an exercise routine that works for you and stick to it.
28. Break bad habits and start good ones in their place.
29. We are all one of one. Be unique. Be you. We only get one life.